Right before the holiday, I was immensely blessed to talk with Justin Plunkett on his podcast, Nectar of the Heart, about relational spirituality and magic!
Here is what we covered:
- star entities connected to natural phenomena and looking at how those natural phenomena are understood or seen across various cultures
- Algol as a teacher of the inter-relationship between creation & destruction; nature examples like glaciers, volcanoes, atolls, and hot springs
- Uranus in Taurus approaching the star Algol over the next few years: a similar theme of instability, creation and destruction, and equalizer for things out of balance
- wielding large amounts of energy or power and how that shows up in various ways in the world
- common plants consistently showing up in our lives that want to be in relationship with us
- Magic in the age of social media: one way vs. many ways; us vs. them
- how ritual and creativity and land-based practices were hand-in-hand in ancient times, and how participating in certain vocations were acts of offering & respect to various deities
- magic as a co-creation of you & the relationships you have
- relationships as reciprocal care, deepening relationships over time
- tradition was always in flux in the past, today we can create from the principles of the past while updating to today, and also be informed by our current relationships
- the Moon as mediator to the planets/stars/deep time/deep space, and the Moon’s deep involvement in magic
- & so much more!